I recently took a vacation to London and had a bunch of fun over there. I've been to London a bunch of times so I didn't spend a lot of time taking pics, but I did do this one which was not quite Abbey Road :-) I traveled with my brother and we really enjoyed ourselves. A couple of notable things that we did:
- A day trip out to Cambridge. Cambridge is an outstanding town to visit for a day. One can walk the famous university campuses and explore the cobblestone streets. It a truly gorgeous city with tons of history. Here's a helpful Cambridge visitor's site.
- Notting Hill Gate and the great restaurants in that area. I recommend Black and Blue Steakhouse for a delicious, affordable meal. Stay away from the Hyde Park portion of NHG b/c there's a bunch of touristy junk there.
- Clarke's Restaurant on Kensington Church Street (off of Notting Hill Gate) - this place is pricey, but a very nice dining experience.
- For a Saturday afternoon lunch, I highly recommend The Ebury in Chelsea.
- If you are into a really cool cocktail place that slowly advances into a club in the evening check out The Collection in South Kensington - on Brompton, just around the corner from the South Ken. tube stop. (they have the worst website!)
- Westminster Abbey - this place is awesome. Darwin is there; so is Isaac Newton. Do not miss this.
- St. Paul's Cathedral - this place left me speechless and I think a tear came to my eye when I looked up at the vaulted ceilings. Do not miss this if you go to London.
- 3 jogs in Hyde Park and Kensington Garden's kept the blood flowing and shed some calories after all of the great meals.
- Queens Gate is worth checking out of course. That's just near Royal Albert Hall
- One of the most fun things for me, being such a sports-car buff was all of the outstanding vehicles in London - it's absolutely insane. A highlight was seeing the Ferrari Owners Club of London run through the streets with about 50 cars in tandem! Really a site to see.
- I took the trip through Virgin Vacations. Virgin had and amazing 6 night deal on the Royal Lancaster Hotel right on the north side of Hyde Park and very affordable round-trip on Virgin Atlantic. Flying Virgin Atlantic is really great - they have an awesome entertainment system and really nice planes.
There are probably 100 other things that we did while we where there on this visit. It was so spectacular. A special thanks to my friends Charlie and Isabella who I've not see in so long - you guys are welcome in NYC ANYTIME! Can't wait to get back to London.